*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858508-Travel-Time-Surprise
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#858508 added August 28, 2015 at 8:43am
Restrictions: None
Travel Time Surprise
According to the National Hurricane Center (about an hour ago), T.S. Erika will not be much of a threat to Florida. Here in Gainesville we will most likely get plenty of rain Tuesday and Wednesday, but we're getting plenty of rain anyway. So a rainy start to September, which is our main hurricane month in this neck of the woods.

I had my bone density scan and blood work done yesterday morning, very early since I had to "fast," a funny word for not eating when I think about it *Smile*. My bone scan appointment was for 8:20 so I wanted to arrive early and get the blood work first and over with. Usually it takes around 20 minutes from my house to the lab site. I left at 7:30 to be sure and arrive in time. I forgot about school.... It took 30 minutes to get through the school zones, 3 of them, but I did make it to the lab by 8:10, got my blood work done right away, zipped onto the cot for the scan, and it seemed like in seconds I was back in my vehicle, ready to drive home. So actual time at the lab equaled 20 minutes, drive time equaled 60 minutes for a distance less than 5 miles. So when contemplating whether an early appointment is a good thing, consider school status.

Yesterday afternoon I picked up some spools of string for my string trimmer so I can finish my "lawnwork" today. Wow, that stuff costs 2 arms and 3 legs, almost $21 for 3 replacement spools...and it was the last they had...outrageous. So with it getting hotter each second that passes...

until next time...c

© Copyright 2015 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858508-Travel-Time-Surprise