*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/859320-Me-and-Photography
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#859320 added September 6, 2015 at 3:58am
Restrictions: None
Me and Photography
September 30 DBC. Day Four: On this day in 1888, George Eastman registered the name "Kodak" and patented his roll-film camera. The camera took 100 exposures per roll.

Are you the designated picture-taker in your family? How have the technological advances in digital photography changed the way you look at taking pictures?


In the days of roll-film cameras?? Noooo! There was no way on Earth that I would be the one trusted/relied on to take photos! *Camera* Not a chance.
Why? Because I wobble innit *Rolling* Cerebral Palsy and old style cameras that take photos you can't see or, more importantly, delete, are not a good mix. Trust me.

Now, however, the world of photography is much more CP friendly. I really cannot use view finders, so having a digital screen on a camera makes life so much easier. As in, I can actually see what I'm doing, rather than guessing and hoping *Ha*
I tend to hit delete a lot on cameras. But, that's okay! I remember when you'd pay a ton of money to get photos developed and not one would be even slightly worth it - oh the pain! *Sob* But now, I guess technology has made it so, apart from the cost of the camera, taking photos doesn't have to cost you anything at all! That's pretty cool if you think about it! *Painting3*

I now have a reasonably good camera that I love. It's not as good as I wanted to get, but it was £300 cheaper so... you know! *Pthb* I ought to use it more really, but it's bulky so I use it as often as I can at the moment. I really bought it to take high quality photos of my creative projects... hopefully it should start getting more use very soon.

But, yes, technology has dramatically changed the way I take pictures! *HappyCry*


Quote for the Post: One of the best ways to make yourself happy in the present is to recall happy times from the past. Photos are a great memory-prompt, and because we tend to take photos of happy occasions, they weight our memories to the good. ~~ Gretchen Rubin


© Copyright 2015 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/859320-Me-and-Photography