*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861535-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#861535 added October 2, 2015 at 1:54pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
Wow, the second day of October already, and Friday, as well. Time sure can zip past. Here it is, almost the end of the week, and I still need to write a story for the 52 Week Challenge.

It was another difficult prompt for me, but I've had some ideas and have worked on story-lines and ideas through the week. I have decided on what direction I'm going to go, and have done a lot of the research already. Actually, I was about ready to start writing yesterday, but still needed to work out a few details and gather a bit more information. It was forty-five minutes past noon when I finished researching asteroids and impact information, time for Rhonda to call and for me to start us some lunch.

I had just taken a few things out of the fridge when I heard the Jimmy pulling in. I was quite surprised to see Rhonda home about the time I thought she would be calling me after work. As it turned out, she had gotten done an hour earlier than I had thought. Like I said, a very pleasant surprise. The changes were for my appointment on Monday, which had originally been for Thursday. She had switched things around to compensate but had not changed the copy of the schedule here at the house.

Since she was home, I wanted to spend some time together, so I didn't work any further on my story. Normally, she's working through the afternoon, but this week she has been working mornings most of the week. Just enough change to kind of throw off my routine, which is probably good, since I'll be returning to work in another couple weeks and have to adjust my routine for work, again.

Today, she's working her regular hours again, so I hope to get some writing done. But I also have to work on the yard, the grass needs cutting, the pond needs cleaning, and the pump for the fountain is needing a good cleaning. So, the plan is to work on the story here in a little bit, then later, get my butt out on the mower. When I get ready for a break from mowing, I can clean the pump and add a bit more water to the pond, add a bit of bleach and let it work, then add the solution that removes the chlorine, since the birds, rabbits, squirrels, and who knows what other critters drink from it.

I shouldn't need to add any of the pond treatment to it this late in the year. It won't be much longer and we will have to drain it for the winter, and with the temperature down, it should stay clear much longer than it did through the heat of summer. Also, the sun is lower in the southern sky, so less algae growth now. The biggest problem with the pond this time of year is the leaves that land in it. They are dropping fast here, and we may have to net them out every other day or so.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ HiLo Silver - Away! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ HiLo Silver - Away! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861535-Friday