*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863978-Nix-on-the-bats
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#863978 added October 24, 2015 at 5:05pm
Restrictions: None
Nix on the bats...
These pileated woodpeckers are driving me nuts, cackling all the time. I wonder if they're nesting or something. Seems like a strange time of year for that.

I went to Home Depot this afternoon and I'm now ready to paint my front porch railing, again. This time I'm painting like Jim, with a 5 gal. bucket, grid and roller, no more of this brush stuff. Obviously, I don't apply enough paint with a brush or I wouldn't be needing to paint 2 years in a row. It is beautiful painting weather, cool and dry.

There were lots of things going on close to home today, but nothing really tugged at me...the Lubee Bat Festival  ,the McIntosh Fall Festival  , and the Friends of the Library Book Sale  . The Book Sale goes on for several days so I will definitely make that one later. Not crazy about bats and McIntosh is a little far, especially since I may be driving tomorrow to meet my daughter for lunch.

A little while ago I noticed a lady walking with her children...sort of odd for a non-school day...but anyway all of a sudden I heard dogs barking and children screaming...then the lady screaming some words I won't repeat. I looked out my window again at the sound of the noise and my neighbor was yelling at his two boxers to get back in. I don't think the dogs are dangerous, but they are big and scary...to me too. The last time I edged my driveway, they were behind me barking before I even knew it...not able to hear much over the noise of the edger. They do scare me but I try not to let on. I've heard dogs can smell fear. Anyway, that "lady" said some choice words, but who could blame her with little children. What the heck is wrong with my neighbor?

until next time...c

© Copyright 2015 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863978-Nix-on-the-bats