*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864564-Way-Back
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#864564 added October 30, 2015 at 8:06am
Restrictions: None
Way Back
We added a new person to our critique group last Tuesday. She worked in human relations, now retired, and is writing about caring for a parent with Alzheimer's.

Human relations reminded me of when I worked for Scott Paper in the 70's. It involved a little bit of everything, payroll, health insurance, and lots of complaints. I don't believe there is any Scott Paper Company now although I still see their paper towels on shelves for sale. They had built a brand new plant near Dover (to make a reusable paper towel) and I was one of the first employees, had to take a test and everything. There were no individual offices except for the main man and his sidekick. Everyone else worked in a huge room, engineers, accountant, invoice clerk, all thrown in together. I loved it. And then there was the "line" in the huge back of the building where they made the product. The rolls of paper towel were as big as the rolls of hay you see in the fields today. Only one bad thing happened the entire time I was there, around four years. A man on the beginning of the "line" lost a finger in the machinery. I still remember his name, Al Schmidt.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2015 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864564-Way-Back