*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/870807-The-Simple-Writer
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#870807 added January 14, 2016 at 5:46pm
Restrictions: None
The Simple Writer
30DBC - 14th Jan - Prompt: Simplicity. How important is that to you when you write?

I'm sure I had something I wanted to write about, before I got to today's prompt... But I can't, for the life of me, remember what it was. Oh well, I'll just have to bore you even more tomorrow *BigSmile*

Invalid Photo #1043533


If I am perfectly honest, I currently don't feel qualified to write about writing. I say this because, other than a few dodgy blog posts & trying keep up with my journal, I genuinely haven't written anything in months. I want to say in a year, but I know I've written one or two crappy poems in the past year. But other than that, nada! Nout... not a thing.

I'm totally not proud of this. In fact, I'm pretty pissed off about it to be honest.

I keep meaning to sit down and work out my goals for the year. A lot of these will involve writing - of course. I have some cool project ideas that I want to do. However, the fact that I'm even avoiding writing these ideas down, worries me slightly. I WILL do this in the next few days - I will.

I do have some awesome ideas floating around my head to help other people with their writing. I'm excited by these ideas and I think people will love them. I really want to get working on them. However, if I do, I'll be jealous of other people *Laugh* Although, I guess I could join in too.

So, yes, at the moment, I think simplicity in writing is key. It is so easy to overwhelm yourself with multi-layered, convoluted ideas. But I think, unless a writer can strip everything back and start with the simple ideas first - building up to bigger ideas - they're screwed. Nothing makes sense if you don't start simple.

Goal #1 - try and write a poem tomorrow! *Worry* ... *Smile* I can do it!

That's been one of my mantras - focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it's worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.
Steve Jobs




© Copyright 2016 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/870807-The-Simple-Writer