*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872216-The-One-Where-Beauty-Stumps-Me
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#872216 added January 31, 2016 at 1:19pm
Restrictions: None
The One Where Beauty Stumps Me
30DBC - 28th Jan - Prompt: Describe the last time you were moved to tears by something beautiful.

*Meh*

I don't fucking know! *Rolling* I'm tempted to look at other people's responses to this because I have NO idea.

It depends what is classified as beautiful.

Today (while alone) I would have been caught shedding a few tears while watching Angelique Kerber's winning speech at the Australian Open. She was the underdog. I love an underdog. But, more than that, it was obvious from the way she was speaking that she totally had not expected to win. I've been there. I've won. And I've won unexpectedly. It is a beautiful feeling. So, to me, it kinda was beautiful... but, maybe not for others. She looked rough and sweaty *Laugh*

Errr.... I honestly can't think of anything.

I'm not sure who cries at beautiful things? The only example I can think of is people crying at the sight of a bride in her dress... but even then, I think they're crying at what the dress symbolises rather than how beautiful the bride is.

*Meh*

The more often we see the things around us - even the beautiful and wonderful things - the more they become invisible to us. That is why we often take for granted the beauty of this world: the flowers, the trees, the birds, the clouds - even those we love. Because we see things so often, we see them less and less.
Joseph B. Wirthlin


© Copyright 2016 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872216-The-One-Where-Beauty-Stumps-Me