*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886019-How-about-them-Grits
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#886019 added June 30, 2016 at 8:15am
Restrictions: None
How about them Grits?
Life did not conjure itself into existence.

Some would have you believe that once, long ago, a perfect set of conditions manifested themselves. All the right chemicals and enzymes happened to be floating naturally in some humid pool and suddenly a bolt of lightning came out of the blue and voila, everything lined up perfectly and life was off to the races.

As lousy an explanation as this is, it's popular in scientific circles because it explains things without recourse to a "God Force." Life just happened, they will tell you, as a natural consequence of time and the cosmic world that surrounds us. Life, they tell us, evolved itself into bring.

A life form needs to have certain basic components. It needs to have locomotion, a system for converting fauna into energy, an adaptive capacity and the ability to reproduce... to mention just a few of the basic features. All this happing in a single random instant does not pass the common sense test. It insults our intelligence.

If a random event is the genesis of life then the Universe should be teeming with it. We should be getting radio evidence from throughout the universe. Instead we hear nothing. Mars should have some remedial life forms scurrying about but nada.... nothing, just an eternal and lifeless silence.

On the other hand we see man creating life forms in their simplest state. Computers is a good example. Robotics is another. We build things in the image of our own selves.

Whoever created life existed on a smaller plane than we do on earth. The media they used was chemistry and a profoundly better grasp of bio-organics. There are dimensions under our noses where stuff is happening that we can barely imagine. How about them grits?


© Copyright 2016 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886019-How-about-them-Grits