*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888854-Ready-to-build-some-steam
Rated: ASR · Book · Experience · #1486637
This blog is a wide variety of things. Most titles are prompts I have followed.
#888854 added July 30, 2016 at 10:28pm
Restrictions: None
Ready to build some steam
I've recently taken over a steampunk group here on WdC,
GROUP
The Steampunk Authors' Guild   (E)
Group for those who wish to learn, practice, write in, promote, and review Steampunk.
#1776061 by Beck Firing back up!
Our main page is
The Steampunk Boiler Room  (E)
Discuss, learn, practice, promote, write and review Steampunk, Sci-fi & Fantasy with us.
#1776068 by Beck Firing back up!
, I've been involved in the group for almost as long as it has been around, on and off. I was asked to take it over, and I'm excited about the direction of the group. The thing is, it has always been difficult to garner participation on contests and activities revolving around the group. Personally, I think that there are many people who enjoy reading steampunk who think there are too many "rules" or that it is "too difficult" to write. At times, I have to say I am one of those people. I often defer to a mystery or suspense idea than to pursue a steampunk thought train. I'm not sure why that is.  I suppose, if I knew that, I would have the answers to the shy participation of our group.
But, I am excited nonetheless, to take the helm of this great steam ship and to guide it into the dystopian future, or past, as it were. If you're reading this, and you have a steampunk piece you would like reviewed, please send me an email. If you are looking to get into a group where we talk steampunk, and explore those themes, please click the links above. We'd love to have you!

© Copyright 2016 Beck Firing back up! (UN: write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beck Firing back up! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888854-Ready-to-build-some-steam