*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889937-Lets-Ride-a-Lipizzan-and-Fly-To-The-Moon
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#889937 added August 14, 2016 at 10:27am
Restrictions: None
Lets Ride a Lipizzan and Fly To The Moon
August 14th

http://www.altstadt.at/en/ One of Austria's famous Design Hotels.

Vienna is the capital of Austria, lies in the country’s east on the Danube River. Its artistic and intellectual legacy was shaped by residents including Mozart, Beethoven and Sigmund Freud. The city is also known for its Imperial palaces, including Schönbrunn, the Habsburgs’ summer residence. In the MuseumsQuartier district, historic and contemporary buildings display works by Egon Schiele, Gustav Klimt and other artists.

http://www.austria.info/uk/where-to-go/cities/vienna

Vienna Love and Desire in Vienna
Stories about love and desire in Vienna are a universally intriguing and almost inexhaustible topic. Viennese have partaken in the pleasures of the flesh for centuries. The so-called “Hübschlerinnen” (prostitutes) of the Middle Ages and the courtesans of the famous Graben street of the baroque era were part of the Viennese way of life and love. This entertaining tour will give you insight into life inside those private dining rooms, and you will hear anecdotes about flirtatious encounters, but also about true love at the royal court.
www.guides-in-vienna.at

Central Cemetery
In 1874 Viennese citizen Jakob Zelzer was the first to be buried in the newly-opened Central Cemetery. Today this resting place with more than 3 million graves is the largest in Europe. Besides countless ordinary citizens, the cemetery has the largest number of celebrity graves. Musicians such as Beethoven, Schubert, Johann Strauss or Falco; actors such as Hans Moser, Theo Lingen or Curd Jürgens; painters, architects and sculptors and other luminaries are interred here next to Presidents of the Republic and mayors of the city.
www.guides-in-vienna.at


Dinner is at 7:00pm at Die Metzgerei
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g190454-d6691633-Reviews-Die_Metzg...

Tell us about the music you heard in the cemetery, did you let it carry you to a haunted place or did you decide to crank some of your own and rattle the dead.


Owl with signature


TWO QUOTES:

“ I was born an only child in Vienna, Austria. My father found hours to sit by me by the library fire and tell fairy stories”. Hedy Lamarr
Read more at: {link: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/vienna.html}

“Will is to grace as the horse is to the rider” ~Saint Augustine, 354 – 430
http://viewfromthepier.com/2013/05/16/life-lessons-from-slovenias-lipizzaner-sta.../

Have you taken time to view the art in the Hotel Altstadt? It is also a museum. I love the light brought into the rooms at strategically placed window. I bet the decorators had a lot of fun putting each room together to create so much individual space.

The Altstadt runs a charity for Syrian refugees. I bought a stylish new hat in their rummage sale to help the cause.

Vienna started as a military camp for Rome. Ancient Roman influence is everywhere in Europe. How long are we staying here?

The tour of the palaces was special. Gardens and splendor abound. One of the interesting things was the information about WWI. They present it in a very frank manner. The historical presentation drew my attention. I once read that more people died in WWI than in WWII.

I can only say if there is music in the cemetery it can only be the music of peace. Probably something written by Beethoven or sung by Enya. Ghosts are a figment of the mind. I can see that some people may have ghosts and spirit walkers confused.

I will visit the zoo and the Spanish riding school while I am here.

The Lippizaners are very large, both wide and tall. When you see them in person. You don’t realize their true size if your looking at pictures. They are trained in dressage. The presentations done by horse and rider are also preformed to music and are considered concerts.

The zoo is on the grounds of the Sch∂nbrunn Palace. It was started in 1752 as a royal menagerie. Now, it is the oldest zoo in the world. Natural habitats for the animals are the norm. Whoever is holding Panda Paws leash hang tight. There is a Panda exhibit with several Panda’s. The zoo also presents aquatic shows.

I dined with Blue Moon, Sandra Lyn, and others. We sat in the courtyard a peaceful place for our evening meal. I ate a vegetarian meal. The service was excellent. So, time to go back to the hotel and settle in for rest. The days seem to go by so quickly it is already the 14th of the month.

I need to read a historical account of WWI. Today’s information has stirred my curiosity.

Merit Badge in Blog Camping
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for participating in the August 2015 30-Day Blogging Challenge annual Summer Camp! Hope you had a good time! Have you seen this hotel? I'm not sure I would call this camping. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889937-Lets-Ride-a-Lipizzan-and-Fly-To-The-Moon