*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897212-Creation-Saturday-Easter-and-Thank-You
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#897212 added November 12, 2016 at 11:33am
Restrictions: None
Creation Saturday: Easter and Thank You
Saturday, November 12, 2016

It's creation Saturday
and time to create something
besides a mess.

The Creation Saturday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Did you have a favorite stuffed animal (or toy) when you were younger? Give it an interesting origin story- tell us what it did in its life before he/she met you and became your pal.

Photo of myself as child.

Easter's Story

Easter was a yellow duck
who lived among the Easter Rabbit's livestock:
One Easter morning The Rabbit
placed her in a pink and yellow Easter Basket
along with a chocolate bunny
and jellybean eggs.


He carried her to Blackwell, Oklahoma,
where he place the duck and basket
beside the bed of a little
auburn haired girl.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1458
November 12 is Chicken Soup for the Soul Day. It is ".... a celebration of who you are, where you've been, where you're going, and who you will be thankful to when you get there!"1 Write a poem or story in celebration of Chicken Soup for the Soul Day.

Thank You

Who will I be thankful to when I reach my final destination? There are so may people that have had influenced my life. Some of that influence was good and some was bad, but that is the way of life on the physical plain. The first two people I need to thank are my parents because if they hadn't made love and conceived me nine months before my birth on December 24, 1946, I wouldn't be here today to write this. Everything that's happened to me since has been made possible because of my parents love for each other and my conception.


The next people I want to thank are Grandpa and Grandma Newland along with my brother Frank and his first wife. My grandparents made sure I had a spiritual education by taking me and my siblings to the First Southern Baptist Mission in Blackwell, Oklahoma. Every Sunday Grandpa would drive us to church where we attended Sunday school and listened to the preacher preach. My brother and his first wife introduced me to the Baha'i Faith. If it weren't for them I would never have found out about Baha'u'llah, the Glory of God.

Footnotes
1  http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/November/csftsday.htm


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897212-Creation-Saturday-Easter-and-Thank-You