*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901219-Trusting-God---January-5
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#901219 added January 5, 2017 at 7:59am
Restrictions: None
Trusting God - January 5

Good Morning! Today, let's look at seemingly small things that help us trust God more.

Giving---tithes and offerings---helps us to move from carrying our own burdens independently, to leaning on and trusting Him to carry our burdens. He is the burden-bearer. We learn that our sufficiency is of Him and not in and of ourselves. This becomes the most clear when finances seem to be at their tightest.

Cast your burden on the LORD, and he shall sustain you: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. ~Psalm 55:22

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God... ~2 Corinthians 3:5 (KJV)

…Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”… ~Matthew 11:28-30

…Such confidence before God is ours through Christ. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim that anything comes from us, but our competence comes from God. And He has qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.… ~2 Corinthians 3:4-6 (Berean Study Bible)

It takes "faith" to be obedient to God, especially in giving---tithes and offerings---which opens the door for God to move in your finances. He is the way-maker; He makes a way when there seems to be no way.

When we give without reservation, we open the door to God moving supernaturally in the realm of our sustenance.

Growing up, we depend on our parents for love and sustenance. As we grow, we learn to be more and more independent, which seems to be a good thing... But if we are independent without trusting God in every area of our lives, independence is not good.

Yet in the same note, we are co-labourers with God. (See 1 Corinthians 3:9.) We have a part to play. For instance, we find work---a means to an end. But then we must begin to give tithes and offerings. It all belongs to Him anyway.

Even in the "finding of work," if we do not seek God's direction, we may find ourselves in the wrong place at the wrong time and, therefore, unhappy in our work. However, He works within us as we learn to depend on Him, teaching us His ways little by little. So, His grace is extended all along the way.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. ~Philippians 4:6

…Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.… ~Proverbs 3:5-7

Seek God and trust Him in all things, and He will make your way (journey) prosperous.

© Copyright 2017 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901219-Trusting-God---January-5