*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907559-The-plug-that-never-got-pulled
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#907559 added March 25, 2017 at 9:32am
Restrictions: None
The plug that never got pulled
Which end was leaking and how much?

So, following up on yesterday's blog, the question is which end of the conduit was leaking? Was it the White House end or the Intelligence Community end.

We know the Spooks failed to redact the name of General Flynn. This was used to destroy him. The first question the becomes which end leaked.

Was it some analyst or supervisor at one of the Agencies or was it some minion at the White House?

Further it is known that EX President Obama quietly signed a last Executive Order, in his final days in office, that sought to retrospectively extend an appropriate access classification to those who never had it to begin with. In other words the White House staff had been given access to materials from a source so sensitive that it was probably for EYEs Only, the President of the United States. Somebody, probably the Chief of Staff, allowed these materials to be shown to staffers, stuff they were never supposed to see to begin with. Suddenly the possibility of being prosecuted for miss-handling documents became a worrisome possibility. Somehow this Executive Order was supposed to retrospectively make everything OK.

Imagine the Chief of Staff looking at the order and shaking his head... "Better than nothing," he must have whispered under this breath.... "I never thought this day would come. I should have ripped that conduit right out of the wall once I realized we'd lost the election... but no, like a moron I left it in place and one of my staff idiots let the cat out of the bag by leaking a morsel to the press. Woe is me!"

The situation above is quite different than if the leaker was someone on the Intelligence side. We know they erred in allowing General Flynn's name to be shown in the clear, but that pales in comparison to having an ultra-secret collection program, placed on the verge of exposure by a White House Staffer.

As long as the President was a Democrate they must have felt they were covered. Imagine their shock when Donald Trump won the election and the cold realization began to dawn that soon an administration of Republicans would get their hands of the levers they had cavalierly abused the last eight years.

There is definitely a smoking gun. It is that General Flynn's name was passed in the clear and the document was leaked to the press. There is no denying that!

I'm sure the intelligence agencies are aghast! Better in their minds to protect their asset than prosecute some pipsqueak staffer. For that reason you can expect this all to quietly go away.







© Copyright 2017 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907559-The-plug-that-never-got-pulled