*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911315-Day-17-Finding-Perspective
Rated: E · Book · Health · #2105270
Follow my struggles and triumphs as I attempt to gain a healthy lifestyle.
#911315 added May 18, 2017 at 2:53am
Restrictions: None
Day 17-Finding Perspective
Today I watched a TV show that I often try to avoid. This does not happen often, but every once in a while a show hits too close to home and I can not make myself watch it. One of those shows is My 600LB Life. The show follows a morbidly obese person for the course of a year, in which they endure gastric bypass surgery to save their lives. Watching this show terrifies me because I see a lot of myself and behaviors the people express on the show; resulting in me fretting that if I don't change my habits I too will one day be on that series.
The woman on the show today was Kristen and her journey did not captivate me as much as her negative attitude. By the end of the show I was yelling at the TV saying, "Of course you are not going to lose the weight if you keep thinking like that." She was complaining about everything and the worst part was I could picture me complaining about the same things. Having the same attitude that I can do this on my own and not allowing anyone to help. I am happy to report that she did get help and that made a huge difference in her ability to lose the weight. At the end of the episode she cooked dinner for her family, a feat she hadn't had the ability to do for years. No matter how bad things got, she never quit. She may have done a lot of whining, but never gave up. This leads me to respect her. Seeing a person with a negative personality showed me how important it is to stay positive no matter what happens.

On a positive note
Today went very well. I snacked on healthy food like cherries, popcorn, and a turkey wrap. I snuck veggies in where ever I could and we didn't stray from our menu. Overall, I think I had a pretty fantastic day!

© Copyright 2017 Carissa Jean (UN: carissasmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Carissa Jean has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911315-Day-17-Finding-Perspective