*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911403-Are-you-in-the-resistance
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#911403 added May 19, 2017 at 3:13pm
Restrictions: None
Are you in the resistance?
Friday, May 19, 2017

I weep for my country!
I pray for my country!
I am a world citizen,
and my country is the planet Earth.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1162
"If one good thing has happened in America this year, it's that artists and the public have warmed up to art as a mode of resisting immoral authority." Barbara Kingsolver Do you agree or disagree with Ms. Kingsolver? Do you believe writers have been the force behind resistance throughout history?

Authors and other artists have a right to express their beliefs and opinions in their art without fear. Artist, no matter what their chosen form of expression, should be free to use their art to express their opinions and beliefs without being arrested or executed by the regime in power. In nations across the planet innocent people, no matter what their level of creativity are being threatened because the people wielding political power in that country want to stop their voices from being heard.


The human race is at a crossroads in its social evolution. Humanity is moving from a society and cultural based on nation-states to one that encompasses the planet. The political upheaval that each country is experiencing is a results of two forces vying for the minds and souls of humankind. One of the forces is nationalism and the other, for lack of a better word, is internationalism. It depends upon which force artists and authors are working for as to whether they are in the resistance or not.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911403-Are-you-in-the-resistance