*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911890-The-Sunday-News-Comebacks-and-Questionable-News
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#911890 added May 28, 2017 at 12:25pm
Restrictions: None
The Sunday News: Comebacks and Questionable News
Sunday, May 28, 2017


The Sunday News prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
This week, legendary disco act KC and the Sunshine Band returned to the Billboard Pop Chart   with their first single in decades...and quite a few groups whose heydays have long since passed have seen varying degrees of success in recent years. Which 60's, 70's, or 80's singer (or band) would you like to see make a successful musical comeback in the next year?

Can't Make a Comeback

The group I would like to see make a comeback can't because one of the pair, Jim Seals, died in 2009. There are a few other groups and individual singer that I enjoyed. Unfortunately, many of them have passed on into the next world. Of course, as a septuagenarian Baby Boomer, I guess that can be expected because many of the musical artist I liked best were my age or older.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1171
How do you feel when someone you otherwise enjoy talking to starts quoting from a questionable non-"tv talking head" news source? I don't mean a source with a slant you may disagree with perhaps, but (for example) a study done with an obvious bend meant to prove a certain political or religious point of view? How do you inform your friend that the information they may have received could be tainted with half-truths and outright misinformation, while maintaining positive discourse?

When discussing religion and politics, I have found that, sometime, you can't have a positive discourse is impossible. This is especially true when the person with whom you are attempting to discuss the subject has already made up their mind and want you to agree with them. In cases like this I smile and, attempt, to change the subject. If I can't change the subject then I walk away while wishing them a blessed day.


If the person is willing to listen to reason then I ask questions about the source of the study. I also ask what proof they have from other sources. Unfortunately, some people don't want to listen to any proof that contradicts their point of view. When someone has already made up their mind on a subject convincing them of anything else is impossible. I don't argue about politics and religion I will state my point of view, but I won't argue.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911890-The-Sunday-News-Comebacks-and-Questionable-News