*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913261-Midweek-Reflections-on-My-Relationship-with-Food
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#913261 added June 14, 2017 at 12:08pm
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections on My Relationship with Food
Wednesday, June 14, 2017

"Let my food, O my Lord, be Thy beauty, and my drink the light of Thy presence, and my hope Thy pleasure, and my work Thy praise, and my companion Thy remembrance, and my aid Thy sovereignty, and my dwelling-place Thy habitation, and my home the seat which Thou hast exalted above the limitations of them that are shut out as by a veil from Thee."
Bahá’u’lláh, Prayers and Meditations by Bahá’u’lláh, LXXVII: “O Thou, at Whose dreadful majesty all things have trembled, in Whose…”

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1672
Write about your relationship with food.

Since becoming a Baha'i, I have learned that there are two types of food. The first type is the food that nourishes the body, and this type of food comes from either plants or animals. The second type is spiritual food that nourishes the soul. Spiritual food comes from reading the sacred scriptures of your chosen religion, prayer, and meditation. Since learning about the two types of food, my relationship with food has changed and continues to change. I am more aware of the food I put into my body, and I am less prone to binge eating. Even though I know that a vegan diet is probably better for me, I am still an omnivore. However, now I eat a much more balanced diet then when I was younger.


I enjoy food,
and each day I consume
a balanced diet
both physically and spiritually.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913261-Midweek-Reflections-on-My-Relationship-with-Food