*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913649-The-Missing
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#913649 added June 19, 2017 at 12:56pm
Restrictions: None
The Missing
Prompt: If a loved one (not dead or a runaway) suddenly turned out to be missing, how would you or a character you may create in fiction feel about it? Has something like that happened to you or to someone else you know, ever?

============

The worst scenario I can think of would be a friend or a relative unaccounted for after a disaster. Then there are those who are lost in a war zone, missing in action, taken or kidnapped by a cruel government and those who have become amnesiacs.

Coping with the uncertainty of someone missing has to be the worst kind of distress. The impact of this type of grief, in the long run, has to be the most disturbing and should be handled by a professional.

The worst part of this sorrow, in contrast, is the hope, which inspires the desire to fight on, yet makes a person fall into despair as well. To top it all, there may be those instances or people who deliver unrealistic, false hope, as if adding fuel to the fire even if hope in itself is a good thing for the art of survival.

I have never been in a situation like that. If I were, I would probably say goodbye to that person emotionally as if they were on a long journey and try to go with my everyday life the best I can. I only hope I never experience such a situation, and should that happen, I can do what I think I can do under such a trying circumstance.

Free clip art


Prompt: Fidget Spinners: Another toy fad, or are there actual benefits to them? Do you have one? Can you see why they're popular?

========

I don’t know what Fidget Spinners exactly are. I am guessing they are a toy fad from seeing a few ads for them. The only toys that I have are the Kindle readers, MP3 music players, and such.

I can assure you, I’ll never get a Fidget Spinner, and I am certain people who know me wouldn’t give me a gift like that. At my age, any tiny toy is a danger. What if it falls down, stays on the ground, and I trip over it? *Wink*




© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913649-The-Missing