*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914995-The-Sunday-News-Memories-Environment-Excuses
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#914995 added July 9, 2017 at 12:48pm
Restrictions: None
The Sunday News: Memories, Environment, Excuses
Sunday, July 9, 2017

Sunday News Memories

Every Sunday morning, I would climb on Daddy's lap while he sipped his coffee and read the Sunday Comics to me. One morning, I decided that Daddy's coffee looked good, so I attempted to take a sip, but pulled the coffee onto Daddy's lap and burn my legs. Daddy and Mommy rushed me to the hospital, which was just down the street from where we lived. I miss those Sunday mornings sitting on Daddy's lap while he read the comics.


The Sunday News prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
This week, Tesla announced they're building the world's biggest lithium ion battery   in Australia. This is to enhance the security of their electric grid, and can provide a more efficient and cost-effective way of maintaining service. Should more countries be doing things like this to lessen their dependence on fossil fuels and create less of a negative environmental impact?

Environment

Every nation on Earth should do everything it can to lessen their negative environmental impact and sever their dependence on fossil fuels. The countries on Earth are connected to each other through the atmosphere and other natural elements. What one country does to lessen its carbon footprint, by cutting down the green house gasses it emits, will help the planet. However, in order, to make a noticeable impact every nation must do its part.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1212
What is one of the worst excuses  * you've ever heard (or maybe even personally used) to get out of going to work or school? And what was the reaction of the person it was delivered to? (*Warning: The link might be a little NSFW.)

About twenty-five or thirty years ago, I lived at 2217 Sunrise Ave. Apt. #13. Who had a wee bit of an alcohol problem--he could get drunk on one can of beer--didn't go to work one day. I ask him what happened and, while sipping from a can of Coors, he said "It's too nice to work today, so I called in well." I don't know if his boss fired him for calling in well, going to work drunk, or being late for work too many times. The next day I saw him staggering off to work (he didn't have a car so he had to catch the city bus and it was a two hour buss ride) about the time he was supposed to clock in. That afternoon I saw him sitting by the pool bitching to another tenant that his boss fired him for no reason.




© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914995-The-Sunday-News-Memories-Environment-Excuses