*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915143-Needed-in-New-York-City
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#915143 added July 10, 2017 at 8:48pm
Restrictions: None
Needed in New York City!
Date: Week of July 3rd

Locale:  New York City, NY

         Last week, I received a phone call from the Project Manager (PM) for the upcoming NYC Transit classes.  There will be four identical classes eventually, but it's been a long journey getting here.  I've been involved with this project for two years now, and have yet to deliver the first one.  NYC Transit is a demanding customer, insisting on reviewing the course materials before classes are delivered.  I don't mind that really, it's something every customer should do.  I won't go into things that shouldn't be mentioned in a mere blog, but understand that I wrote this course especially for them.  It is oriented to their equipment, covers only their equipment, and nothing more.  I've spent the better part of two months in writing the original course and editing it based on their feedback.  So far, there's been three additional edits from the original version.  While we haven't billed them for all the time I've put into it, they have been billed, and I'm amazed at what the bill was....  *Smile*  Very amazed.  Never knew I was so expensive.


         Based on the latest review and comments, the Project Manager decided I should come to NYC on the 5th of July, and spend Wednesday/Thursday with him going over the comments, and editing the manual.  I've addressed each of the comments, edited as necessary, and sent the lead contractor (Motorola is a third party provider), as well as the PM, copies of the revised manual.  The plan is to conduct another review this Thursday, and go from there.  Any one want to bet there will be even more edits required?  *Smile*


         In some ways, it's a bit surreal that the first class for NYC Transit is scheduled to start on September 11th, 2017.  They will be held every other week for seven weeks, until all four sessions are complete.  I'll believe all that when I see it, when the classes are actually held.


         Sadly, I didn't get out at all this time, no photo's, no sightseeing.  Why?  I had a pretty good sinus infection going, along with Bronchitis.  Thankfully, I seem to be on the mend now, and will be ready to deliver my next class Monday for Midway Airport in Chicago.


         Til next time, y'all continue prepping for GoT, it's chaotic, insane, and loads of fun!  *Laugh*

© Copyright 2017 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915143-Needed-in-New-York-City