*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916245-Mayday-at-Midway
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#916245 added July 27, 2017 at 7:41pm
Restrictions: None
Mayday at Midway!
Date: Week of July 17th

Locale:  Midway Airport

         This week finds me in Chicago again, delivering a class at Midway Airport.  I have to say that I'm disappointed it's at Midway Airport, and not Midway island.  *Smile*


         Once again, I'm at a customer site who is updating their system from a really old system.  To make matters worse for them, they need to hire more technicians, but due to the union and how the city of Chicago works with them, they are very limited on their candidates.  Oh well, not my problem, thank God.

         This class was interesting for me, mainly because I've never had a reason to be on the south side of Chicago much.  We've all heard the news about how bad the south side can be, those of us old enough remember Jim Croce's song about it.  I have to say that I found the area I was in to be much like anyplace else.  Just goes to show that you can find good wherever you go, or find bad places.  It all depends on what you look for, and the types of places you frequent.



Noteworthy Restaurants:



         The Grand Duke Restaurant          granddukesrestaurant.com          This place is a Lithuanian Restaurant that serves good food.  Never had Lithuanian food before, it was a little different for me, but I found it tasty.  As usual though, I ordered too much.  Maybe one day I'll learn....


         Mabenka Restaurant          mabenka.com          This place is a Polish Restaurant, and I have to say I liked Polish food more than Lithuanian.  Not that Grand Duke's was bad, Mabenka suited me more.  Just don't ask what I had at either place.  It's been a week, and I've forgotten. 



         Next week will find me in Amarillo again.  I'm looking forward to it, because I'm from next door to Texas, from New Mexico.  Looking forward to seeing my brother, and seeing the area.  Can't believe it's my fifth time in New Mexico in the last eighteen months!  Til my next entry, y'all stay cool in the summer heat, and enjoy yourselves!  Live, Love, and be Happy!

© Copyright 2017 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916245-Mayday-at-Midway