*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916246-Living-through-Reading-Writing-and-Flowers
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#916246 added July 27, 2017 at 7:46pm
Restrictions: None
Living through Reading, Writing, and Flowers
Prompt: What lives have you lived through reading and your own writing?

===

Many lives. The funny thing is, the brain believes all the fiction or the reading material and thinks I lived through all those things, and it spews them out at me at night in dreams.

Then, when someone says reading or writing has no purpose and-- believe me, I’ve heard that—I bristle at such a statement. Although the word fiction has the connotation of being untrue, the better stories and novels offer wisdom for our lives we can’t get any other way.

Great books contain the same complexity of human beings. We finish reading them with new understanding and knowledge of the world around us. Even if a novel leaves no lasting effect, it can be entertaining.

Most fiction is based on veiled truths and not only that. Writers of fiction go to great lengths to do research of the facts. Reading those facts also adds to a person’s education and helps her or him grow in many different ways. So does the reading of non-fiction, but fiction is more of my choice because of its intricacies and hidden acuity.


Mixed flowers in a basket



Prompt: "I will be the gladdest thing under the sun! I will touch a hundred flowers and not pick one." Have you ever felt this way about life? Write anything you want about this prompt.

=======

This is me, perfectly. I love flowers, but in flower beds and flower pots only, and not cut ones. Actually, I feel bad when the cut flowers die so quickly, not to mention the extra disgusting chore of cleaning the vases and having to throw out the poor dead things.

Hummingbirds know the value and can see the beauty of flowers. Otherwise, why would they flutter like that over a flower? The nectar, I think, is only an excuse.

Flowers are like people, in a way. They bloom, and when their time comes, they fall away in silence, hoping something good will come out of the seeds they leave behind.



© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916246-Living-through-Reading-Writing-and-Flowers