*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922897-NYC-Final-Time-For-now
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#922897 added October 29, 2017 at 11:02pm
Restrictions: None
NYC, Final Time..... For now
Date: Week of October 23rd

Locale:  New York City, Brooklyn to be exact

         This will be a short entry.  I'm currently in Albuquerque for my brother's memorial service tomorrow.  Go home Tuesday for a well deserved week free before flying to Newark for a class in Woodbridge New Jersey.

         Back again for the last class for this customer.  It was well received this time, once I managed to get the 'leader' of the students to calm down.  They are used to working on things that fail often, or have problems.  One of the things he wanted to know, was when should the Power Amplifier of this new radio be considered faulty.  My answer was simple.  "When it won't transmit, and you're sure it's not the Transceiver Module."  He didn't want to buy that, insisting that every radio component has a specification for when it is out of spec.  I took the time on a break, and during the class, to show him there is no such specification for this radio.  He insisted there was, and that his manager had it in his notes.  Turns out, he didn't.  So once we got past that, things went pretty smooth.  I love that students will challenge me, it keeps me on my toes.  *Smile*


         Due to being in Albuquerque the week before this class, I arrived later than I really wanted to.  I didn't get to play tourist at all, and it rained most of the week, or was very cloudy, so I took no pictures either.  *Frown*


         I will be home in Central Illinois starting Tuesday evening, not leaving until the following Tuesday, very early.  I intend to sit back and relax.  Then again, there is work to be done.  I have to order manuals for upcoming classes in Canada (Edmonton), and Germany (American Embassy in Frankfurt).  Til next time, y'all take care of yourselves.  And most of all, keep writing!

© Copyright 2017 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922897-NYC-Final-Time-For-now