*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924320-Brief-Visit-to-Woodbridge-New-Jersey
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#924320 added November 24, 2017 at 8:09pm
Restrictions: None
Brief Visit to Woodbridge, New Jersey
Date: Week of November 6th

Locale:  Woodbridge, New Jersey

         This will be another short entry.  *Frown*  No particular reason, other than the fact that I was only there two days!  This was a repeat of a previous class, sort of.  I'll explain.

         I was here in August, delivering a portable radio class to this customer.  Unfortunately, they didn't have the necessary test equipment needed to perform the hands on portions of the class.  You might ask, "Why didn't you bring it with you Jim?"  Simple answer.  We do not ship hardware needed for a class due to costs, and potential damage to the equipment.  I sent numerous e-mails to the Project Manager, copying the customer in them, detailing the equipment needed for the class.  It just wasn't there.  So they wanted the hands on portion repeated, but asked that I deliver it.  So there I was, working with them for a couple of days so they could grasp what is needed to perform basic maintenance checks on the radios.  We got everything done, and they were quite happy.


         I will be home in Central Illinois on Thursday before going to Schaumburg for a class.  After that, it's Thanksgiving, and nothing is planned.  *Smile*  (Okay, yesterday was Thanksgiving,this entry is very late)  A well deserved break for me before starting quite a trek in December.  On Sunday, 11/26, I will fly to Edmonton, Alberta for 10 days.  I deliver a tailored class to this customer, at a Maximum Security Prison!  <Yikes!>  Laughing, I don't think I will be be in the prison itself, but outside in an office or classroom most likely.  The class is Monday through Friday, then Monday and Tuesday the following week.  I will be home on Wednesday, then fly to Los Angeles on December 10th for a class at a Nuclear Power Plant near Pismo Beach. On Friday, December 14th, I will fly back to Chicago, then on to Frankfurt, Germany to deliver a class for the State Department.  I will get home on Christmas Eve, so all should be well on that front.  Another week free before working with a fellow instructor for two weeks so he can learn to deliver a couple of courses that I'm currently the lone instructor of.  The exciting news though, is that the week of January 15th, I may (the class is still tentative) be in Bangkok, Thailand for another class.  I don't get to travel overseas very often, so this is very exciting for me!  What a Christmas present!

© Copyright 2017 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924320-Brief-Visit-to-Woodbridge-New-Jersey