*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926909-Fun-Fact-Friday-Cloning-and-Bio-Ethics
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#926909 added January 12, 2018 at 12:29pm
Restrictions: None
Fun Fact Friday: Cloning and Bio-Ethics
Friday, January 12, 2018

Fun Fact Friday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
On this day in 1998, 19 European nations agreed to prohibit human cloning. What are your thoughts on cloning? Would you consider doing it, if you were guaranteed the results would be used for ethical purposes? Or would you and your clone decide a life of shenanigans was more fun?

What are my thoughts on cloning? I agree that human cloning should be prohibited. I also think that cloning of any type whether it be the cloning of lower animals, plants, or organs should be closely regulated and overseen. The main reason I believe human cloning should be prohibited is my belief that the soul and the physical body become a human entity at the time of conception. Clone aren't created from the merger of sperm and egg cell, therefore, the clone wouldn't have a soul.


Would you consider doing it, if you were guaranteed the results would be used for ethical purposes? No! I wouldn't consider having myself cloned because my clone wouldn't have a sou. As for the ethical part of the question, I don't think any individual can testify to the ethics of another human being. Humans are dual natured creatures, that is we have a physical body with an ego, and a spiritual component, which is the soul. The ego is greedy and doesn't much care for the soul or the spirit. When it comes to making money, bio-ethics or any other type of ethics are ignored.

© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926909-Fun-Fact-Friday-Cloning-and-Bio-Ethics