*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941935-The-Best-For-Last
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#941935 added September 24, 2018 at 1:03am
Restrictions: None
The Best For Last
Let's do a little thought experiment.

Say you like... I dunno... M&Ms. But for some reason, you like the red ones best. So you get a bag of M&Ms. What do you do?

I know what I'd do. I'd eat the other colors first, and save the red ones for last, so I can finish with my favorites.

I was doing this one day some years ago, back when I was more social, and a friend commented "You must really hate the red M&Ms." (It wasn't actually M&Ms. I don't think their flavor changes by color. I'm just using this as an example.)

"Um... no, they're my favorite."

She looked at me like I was a space alien. Well, to be fair, I get that a lot.

Turns out she grew up with like 13 older brothers, and if she didn't grab her favorites first, they'd disappear, so she learned to take what she wanted fast.

I, in contrast, had no siblings, so I had the luxury of saving the best for last.

Now, the pessimist in me wants to say that by doing so, I'm just setting myself up for disappointment when all the variety is gone. In fact, the pessimist is the biggest part of me so of course that's where my mind goes. Or that I'd end up sharing them with my other friend who also had a lot of siblings, so he likes to mix Skittles in with the M&Ms because he's chaotic evil.

So I'm just wondering what normal humans do, or if they ever even think about this sort of thing.

© Copyright 2018 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941935-The-Best-For-Last