*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947338-Back-and-Forth-Back-and-Forth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2171445
This is my blog, containing lots of stuff about writing all those books I love to write.
#947338 added December 12, 2018 at 2:57pm
Restrictions: None
Back and Forth, Back and Forth
Okay, so I’ve really been wavering back and forth on what to do about “We Dream About Surviving”. At first I posted the whole damned thing at once, and all of it as if it was a print book. You know, with no extra spaces between fragments, with indents at dialogue, all that kind of things. But my impression of this site, is that – just like archive of our own – people would much rather read it WITH those things, than without them. And I must admit, that I do enjoy reading things on screens that way too, because it just feels easier. It’s the same amount of words, it just breaks it up a little, into smaller more easily managed pieces.

So I took down “We Dream About Surviving”, to think this through, and my conclusion is that it should go back up again, only revised in a way that fits the purpose. I just want people to read it, after all, I’m happy with the book and I feel like it deserves to be read. So I’m gonna do that, I’m gonna break it into a million little pieces, and post it all over again, for you to read.

The downside to this is I won’t be posting it just yet, and I certainly won’t be posting it all at once. I’ll most likely do a chapter a week, so that I can also give it a proper read-through as I go. It didn’t get much editing attention before I posted it the first time, because I was just so damned excited that it was done. But as all books, regardless of genre and level of talent, it deserves to be edited and revised. Which will definitely take some time too, and I’m not sure when I’ll be up for the task. I might do it before doing anything else, but I can’t make any promises.

Regardless of all this, I’m doing pretty well actually. I’ve buried myself in books on writing and taken a few weeks off for just reading and learning. I’ve got another four hundred (!!!) pages to go before I’m doing any kind of serious note-taking, although I have jotted down a few ideas here and there, in my miniature notebook. I don’t give them much thought though, it’s just random snippets, like, “here’s a piece of dialogue that sounds kinda good” or, “here’s some lyrics from a song you might wanna use for something” or even just, “here’s a name you like”.

Whatever it turns out to be, it’ll definitely be within the speculative genre, most likely science fiction as another grand backdrop for some excessively long and probably depressing love story. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case, at least.

Now I’m gonna return to my studies, maybe write a little more fanfic (you can find me right: https://archiveofourown.org/users/LivLeves), maybe actually take a gander at that book. I dunno. I’ll do something.

© Copyright 2018 AtomAutonom (UN: livleves at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AtomAutonom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947338-Back-and-Forth-Back-and-Forth