*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
2
6
7
8
9
10
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950212-I-Showed-Them
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#950212 added January 22, 2019 at 12:37pm
Restrictions: None
I Showed Them!
On Saturday the 19 of January, my wife and I went out to lunch with my daughter and son. We had a nice meal at BJ's Restaurant, then went to Costco to pick up some items since we were close by. Upon our arrival home after putting away the groceries we settled down to watch some TV. To my surprise the TV wasn't providing us with a picture. The router on my WiFi was down, and we had no TV, Internet or Phone!

This is the second time this problem has happened and we were out for 5 days. When the repairman showed up he confirmed it wasn't our fault and he back tracked the wiring and someone had unplugged us (from a box) and put in new service for somebody else.

I called Frontier and advised them of the problem and after several attempts at trying to start the system from their end, a repair ticket was made. I was advised it would be Wednesday before another technician could come out. (the girl on the phone tried to tell me the reason for the delay was issues in Malibu from the fire and rain. We live in the High Desert at least 80 miles from Malibu and I knew that was not the problem! This young lady lived in Texas so she had no idea)

I put a call into Spectrum and asked for a quote and when could they install. Turned out I liked the quote and the installation happened on Sunday, in time for the football games.

I'm not sure what my closing bill will be from Frontier, because I called in on Monday to close out the account and he said they would show the disconnect being done on Tuesday. I told him we had no service after noon on Saturday and did not expect to be charged for the last half of Saturday thru Tuesday since we had no service. I may have another fight on my hands when the final bill comes.

My daughter had a job interview here in Victorville and she said it went well, in fact after the first interview they had her stick around and did a second and third interview. She said it was for less money than she is making now but she will save on gas and wear and tare on her car. She has been working in Ontario and driving up and down the Cajon Pass daily for 22 years and working all kinds of hours. We are praying she gets the new job if it's what she wants.

I have 4 doctor appointments this week. Yesterday I saw my Urologist and everything looked fine, today we travel to Upland to see the doctor who did the procedure (ablation - I think) in November and hopefully they will take me off this medication with bad side effects. They haven't happened yet but I'm sure the longer I'm on it my chances of feeling those effects increase. Tomorrow I see the primary doctor after having blood work done, so I can see how my diabetes is doing. On Friday I will see my cardiologist, he was waiting for the final report from the doctor who did the procedure. Throw in driving to Yucaipa on Thursday and it turns out to be a very busy week.

Life Is Good






© Copyright 2019 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950212-I-Showed-Them