*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960705-Shadow-the-cat-and-a-mowing-experience
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
#960705 added June 12, 2019 at 11:41pm
Restrictions: None
Shadow the cat and a mowing experience
I am going to try to write events to be made into something bigger. I wish that I had started earlier but my writing conscience did not push hard enough until today.
Here I am in what has been designated as Shadow's room. It was not what I had imagined. I was told that it would have a nice window for her to look out. Half true. There is a window but she cannot see what happens except for about one to one and a half foot to the street. It is almost nothing unless someone or something was standing directly in front of the window. I am not happy with that. She does sleep a lot but that is because her life is boring. So I try to make it up to her by bringing her to our bedroom for 30-60 minuets. I sit with her for an hour at the end of the day for company. I also leave on a TV set.
Now Shadow is my oldest cat. She is about 22 years old by my calculations. She is tuxedo colored. But most importantly she was the sister to Mikie my one and only boy who had seizures. That is another story for later.
Stan my husband bought some large carriers for all of the animals. He planned meticulously to put cats in carriers and placed in our cars comfortably. Our dog, Balto was in the back, but not win a carrier. Shadow had to ride with Kluter and June on a 10 hour trip. Somehow Stan did not zip or close her carrier carefully and our little old lady, escaped the carrier and out of the car. When I went over to Stan's house at about 5:30 AM, I asked for a final minute check on the 'kids' and Shadow was not in her carrier.
We panicked! We removed the extra items such as extra pet food, that we had packed and saw no Shadow.
Stan insisted that she was under something.
I refused to believe it and insisted to go back to my house. Thank God I had put the garage door down.
When I drove in and closed the door carefully Shadow was trying to find the kitchen door to run through and go back home.
This would have meant that she would be alone for a week without food and water. In all sense of the word, she would die if no one would feed her or give her the medicines that she needed.
But God was on her side this time. I saw movement to my right and turned off my motor to not scare her further. I carefully and quietly picked her up and gave her the most loving hug in her life. I put her in the carrier and returned to Stan's house.
Stan has been embarrassed about this to this very day. He checked the back of the carrier and discovered that he did not close it properly. With Shadow properly secured as well as a second check on the other animal's carriers, then we left for our trip to our new and final home, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
That was then, so forward 6 weeks to today.
Stan and I took some time out to look at the home of his dream. It is becoming a home of dreams for me too. Stan has that look on his face of success. He has earned that look. He worked hard for many years, been in the Air Force over seas, and took care of a nice wife fo about 4-5 of their 37 married years. She is his wife 1.0. I am wife 2.0. It is a joke and does not bother me a bit. I know that she was and always be very special to him.
The maintenance people were mowing the area around a small lake or large pond, depending on what you want to call it. All at once, Stan gasped. Then he pointed to the man mowing near the edge and I saw the lawnmower almost go into the water. The man was going to die if he could not get off quickly!
I started high whistling to get anyone's attention. Stan began to shout. He opened and closed the gate quickly to keep the dogs in the yard. Another man who was on a mower rode by and just shook his head that he knew. He did not run over to help the other man. But we did see that the other man was off the mower that had it's wheels at the waterline. Another man had walked over to the coworker. We saw that the man was in no more danger and left to get some lunch. This was an event that we would remember for a long time.
So life is not always dull. I would like to talk about the lovely weather (ha-ha) and other things here. Oklahoma is really OK!

© Copyright 2019 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960705-Shadow-the-cat-and-a-mowing-experience