*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960765-Lost-and-now-found-weather
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
#960765 added June 13, 2019 at 11:23pm
Restrictions: None
Lost and now found-weather
There are a lot of things that I want to talk about. But yesterday I thought that the weather would be a good topic. Every place has a couple of days that the sun is shining, and the air is low in humidity. I have talked a lot about weather with my meteorologist brother. We were both science teachers of different student populations, but science teachers never the less.
The day we left, Stan and I and our family of 5 cats and 1 dog), there was a promise of thunder storms I was hoping that Stan would postpone the trip for one more day but NOOOO, he got us in the cars, when we finally had Shadow, and drove up Beltway 8 for the last time. Then a few drops fell. Then a few more. And then it all stopped We kept driving. The sky seemed about the same, a moderately gray sky with clouds that could fall at any time. We kept driving and driving. Kluter was meowing so hard even though we had given him a sedative to calm him. I thought that when he started to hyperventilate , he might have a heart attack, but slowly he calmed down. He began his "I want to go home" song when we hit a bump or after a break for coffee or food. I must admit, he did a great job in hanging in there.
Another problem could have been the dog, Balto. He wa given a chewing leather strip and laid down in the back of Stan's car. Again he was very good in the time he was in the car. We had many breaks but he did what I considered great behavior that you might expect a pet that we had for years. Stan even admitted that Balto seemed to enjoy the trip.Why not. About a month ago he was a stray with no hope of a home. No-one wanted him. He was very hungry one year old husky. And most of all, he loved Stan. These two were happy to be together.
But I did promise something about the weather. Yes it did rain. But there was nothing that we saw that showed us that we needed to stop. There was a different story in Broken Arrow. Before the month was ended, May 12th, we had a tornado warning. Sirens sounded. Stan told me to get out of bed and hurry to the Family Safe Room. Inside its, there were chairs and other junk that made Stan mad. These shelters were for people only. We were going to try to put 5 adults people in a room that was barely safer than a clothes fitting room.
I was left standing there while Stan called for the other family members. Three more came but the youngest wanted to stay in a bathroom with his dog. We did not have any orher animal with us. There was not enough room for any animal or carrier. Bear in mind that we had a lot of rain that day;. There were thunderstorms. The newsmen were telling, almost begging the people to go to their safe spot. Storm chasers in cars were describing the shape of the clouds and the eventual tornado that thy saw. This went on for hours. Our power went off for a couple of seconds and as planned, our backup generator went on. (God bless Stan for including this in his building plans.)
I guess that I am giving mixed up data because this was the second time we had warning for a tornado.The first time we did not go into it. The second time we did. It was during this second time that the house was shaking so much that we could feel it. Then someone said that the tornado was about a mile away from us.The weather men did a wonderful job in telling us the expected direction the clouds and tornado was going. There were about 6-8 tornadoes that night. I managed to get little sleep after use left the Family Safe room. Stan stayed up a lot. Later the next day the news showed damages and more weather reports. They earned their paychecks that day.
When I told my brother about this, he replied, "Gee, you have all the fun!" Yea! Right! But each time after that if there is a report of bad weather, I get a call from any one of my three brothers. Now they worry about me.
There is more I'd like to say, but since this is a blog, I'll just go with the flow. It's late and I need to get ready for tomorrow. Yes tomorrow is another day.

© Copyright 2019 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960765-Lost-and-now-found-weather