*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960858-A-room-that-goes-back-in-history
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
#960858 added June 15, 2019 at 11:12pm
Restrictions: None
A room that goes back in history
I do need to review and edit the last few entries from time to time. But I made a mistake and presumed that I cleared my blog. There is much that I have to learn about laptops.
Our day today, Saturday was a low level work day. At least to me it is. Stan is working very hard. I may have mentioned that he wants everything to look beautiful. I don't blamed him. He does not mind spending 30-60 minutes on deweedafication or weeding the yard.
The front yard was so filled with weeds that he spent 2 hours per day at the beginning. I worried that he might get overheated. He said that he was alright. The results is a lovely yard by a determined man who has a fair to good suntan. His response, "It's getting better." And then he continued and I worried. He now has a proud look on his face each time that we go to a car. But he wants it better however he is trying to get most of the weeds before they go to seed. I sometimes try to help by picking up poop for the lawn mowing men. Occasionally I pull a weed and say, "This is one less weed that Stan will have to pull. "
Stan is picking his improvements carefully.
He has hung some beautiful pictures of Jill's relatives from 150 years ago. One is a beautiful portrait of a lady that he bought from an auction. The second portrait is the lady's daughter who Stan bought from a seller. He drove all the way to Louisiana with a friend to pick up. The two women are mother and daughter. I know that when he got both portraits wrapped, moved and hung up that he was so proud. He has surrounded the ladies with some old books to add charm to it. He also bought an old looking light fixture to continue the essence of it all. There is a lot more to be done but it will take time.
The only thing that will not change is the fact that my 22 year old cat Shadow is living here. Stan has been very helpful to see to her comfort.
There may be other pictures added in the next few weeks but there is a priority list on what is important and done.
Well this is a part of here we go again department.
We ate at MacDonalds. Stan was in the mood for a salad. I was happy to eat something that was not half grease and calories. Another man was eating dinner near us. He then began talking about family and the past. He concluded that families are always watching TV instead of talking at meal time. You know, he is right. He talked about various things. He even told us that he got a new cell phone that did not need to be charged as much as the old one.
Stan and I enjoyed the chat. The man seemed to enjoy our part in the conversation. And what I liked was that he did not take our picture. We all just enjoyed a meal with a nice person. Will we see him again? We don't know but this was a good way to end the evening.
Next we tried to walk Balto but Mother Nature had other plans. She started with a light sprinkle. We decided to cut our walk short. We went into the back yard and sat in our patio. Balto ran around and then watched our neighbors children playing next door. I decided to give Stan a musical concert via my cell phone. It began with mostly Judy Collin's' Amazing Grace, Bette Midlers' Wind Beneath My Wings, other vocalists and music. I think that we both enjoyed the time and entertainment.
This kind of day is one that I never expected. I want Stan to be happy. I see it in his eyes sometime. He has worked so hard and done so much for me and my little critters. I want to show him that I love him. We may be different in character but work together as one. When we accomplish things together, I feel good.
What's next. Don't know until tomorrow brings us the surprises it is hiding.


© Copyright 2019 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960858-A-room-that-goes-back-in-history