*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960918-Whats-in-a-marriage-vow
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
#960918 added June 16, 2019 at 11:18pm
Restrictions: None
What's in a marriage vow?
Today was Father's Day. Stan has a step son via Jill. But Kirk is not a baby any more. In fact he was a grown man when Stan married. Jill. Both were happy with the situation. I do not know about Kirk's feelings. I do know that Stan's family did not like the marriage. Stan and Jill were adults and should be happy if that is what they wanted. And they did.
Marriage is complicated. Stan and Jill did a very good job to stay together for 37 years. They moved around and lived as happy as they made their lives. Stan worked, retired and did animal rehab. Jill was retired so she did her thing such as taking some classes like gardening, stock monitoring, and bing a good wife. The key was this was what each wanted. They took the section of the marriage vows, "for better for worse, in health and in sickness, etc...."
Stan was by Jill's side as she was dying. He honored her requests. He saw her take her last breath. The cried. He did not know that his pain was just beginning. He was alone. He went back to an empty house and slowly removed things that he would not need. He notified Jill's son and other family members. You can guess the rest.
Stan got counciling for about a year. He later told me that he did the thing that he was told not to do, find someone to go out with. ME!
I did not know that he had checked me out via the internet. He knew about my father's death. He knew that I was not some big, bad girl that needed to be dropped.
We walked in malls. To tell the truth, I got tired of some of the walking but we did it anyway.
I do not know when Stan began the hunt for an area to build a house, but I do know that he is a specially incredible planner. He had Kirk send pictures of the property and the building. Everything was going nicely.
And we continued walking in the neighborhood because I like to walk.
One day he told me he was a member of MENSA. You know those smart people who people think are super smart.
I asked, "What do you think of me?" The answer was, "You're ok."
I said, "WHAT!"
He responded, "I mean you are kinda smart."
I can't repeat what followed next but that has bothered me for a long time.
Any way I remember that when I can do something he can't or knows something he doesn't.
MENSA is only a word. Nothing else.
Well I guess that covers the world according to the crazy Dennis couple. We are crazy but are still trying to do the best we can. We want to stay together as man and wife. We want love and respect. And finally, we do want to be together. We really do love each other. In a crazy Judy and Stan sort of way.
Chow!

© Copyright 2019 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960918-Whats-in-a-marriage-vow