*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961303-What-a-retirement
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
#961303 added June 21, 2019 at 11:03pm
Restrictions: None
What a retirement
Attempt #2. (Why do these mistakes keep happening? I type something and touch something without knowing it , then...POOF...it is gone!)It is so frustrating. Errrrrr!!)
As I was saying I am getting more and more comfortable with new home. It is new and modern. Stan put in about everything that would make this a home that no-one could want to walk away from.
But then there are a couple of things I might mention. (Sorry Honey, I write what I gotta write.)
The home is almost like Oklahoma. This state is beautiful. But I assumed that it was all flatland. Mostly in the northeast, there are hills that become steeper and steeper as one drives north.Oh my! I couldn't believe my eyes.I slowed down and tried to stay as close to Stan as possible.I felt that if my concentration was broken for even a moment that I might drive down a steep side into a ditch(?) and have an accident that I could walk away from. There were also so rivers and bridges that would not be a smart thing to drive into.
Along the way were many animals that were hit and killed. Armadillos were the numerous victims. Turtles, possums, and a few raccoons were also hit. My heart went out to them because the highways were relatively new and the animals did not know that vehicles were the monsters to be avoided.
In this drive the land had only the highway cut through it. The sides of the road were not mowed. But the trees were tall and green. It was a naturalists' heaven. You could wanted to stop anywhere and go for a walk except for the dangerous hills. Oh BTW, there were no guard rails for the hills. No reflectors or large shoulders to the hills. But what a drive!
Now the house was not at the top of a small hill but next to the top. We had a fence at the back. We had a sidewalk for the little pond behind the house. Since the house was not level, one had to be careful when he/she walked out to go outside. There was a drop. Not just a 1-2 inch drop but maybe a 4-5 inch drop. My first time to go outside was a big "Woh! moment." When you go back inside you needed to remember to pick your foot up, or trip. The same situation happened when you wanted to go down a hall in the laundry room to the garage. There was a drop that was noticeable. But after a couple of times, you did remember.
Since there are three other adults here, I thought that we would do everything together. We talked to each other, pleasant conversations. We did not cook or eat together. We had the understanding that we did our own. But if someone needed anything, we would share. I guess that helped us since we left to go to work or do our shopping at different times.
I have not gone into the other members of the family's rooms. I felt that if I wanted privacy, then I must be fair and do the same. I went into the Master bedroom one time went Stan and the man from the cable TV needed to install something. I did not touch anything. I left as soon as possible. In the grandson's room, I have not gone into. I want to show that I intend to show respect.
There are a lot. of other arrangements that we have made regarding washing machine usage, and mail but I'll cover those later.
Our home is shaping up. Stan still pulls weeds in the front yard. I pick up dog poop. What a retirement.

© Copyright 2019 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961303-What-a-retirement