*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961488-Retirement
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
#961488 added June 24, 2019 at 11:40pm
Restrictions: None
Retirement
I have gone on walks in the early morning with Balto. I used to take just a few streets around the neighborhood. Yes I have met some very nice people. Some of them have been in Oklahoma for most of their lives. They are retired and have found a little piece of heaven to live for the rest of their lives. This is just like Stan. I can see it in his eyes.
We sat in the patio on a Sunday evening after walking Balto. ( This dog keeps getting into my blogs. Wonder why!) We just sat there seeing the sun go down. Occasionally the dogs, Casina was there for a few minutes. They romped around Then they would start pulling bark or limbs of a young tree that will soon be replaced.
Anyway Stan and I sat outside looking at the pond, ducks and geese. What a magnificent sight. This was worth a poem that could do it justice. Too bad my poetic skills have deteriorated a little. I pulled out my cell phone and played some gentle types of songs. Judy Collins, Amazing Grace, Paul Mauriat's Love is Blue and others. Celtic Women, Frank Mills, etc.... It was a special moment that let Stan sit there and relax to the point that you could tell that he was pleased.
I looked in his eyes and he was analyzing the whole scenario of home, life and himself. I was very happy to see him relax. He deserved it.
We talked a little bit. Then we went inside to our room. We had closed the door to the peace and tranquility that he had dreamed for and paid good money to make come true.
There are not too many moments like this. Usually, we are talking about some problem or just getting ready to clean litter boxes and get the bags of garbage ready to be taken out.
Stan had not been born into the rich life. And to tell the truth, neither had I been born with a rich family. We both had siblings. Our parents made sure that we got. a very good education. That is what I call our rich life. Knowledge. Our parents did whatever they could to make sure that we worked hard in school so we could go to college. Stan had an extra bonus. He had been identified as a gifted or MENSA type young man. He was proud of that fact.
Me. Well I'm just 'OK." (Stan's own words.) You say that to my face and I will show you 'OK.' I value education and what I know. If I had school to do over, I hope that I would have worked even harder. Such as it is. I was never tested with those MENSA tests so I do not know if I am smart or not. Who cares what those IQ tests say. Some people think that the tests are not a good indicator of intelligence.
Well that is enough for tonight. I have some Hg to relocate and tomorrow is only 90 minutes away. I went off topic but maybe ramblings should be the title of my book. If I ever write one.
Love to all!
Good night!

© Copyright 2019 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961488-Retirement