*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961901-Ms-C-and-mother
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
#961901 added July 2, 2019 at 12:05am
Restrictions: None
Ms C and mother
I have met so many nice people here. Some of them were taking a beautiful morning's jog, walk with their dog, or just walking for the beauty of it.
Today I met a lady who had a severely handicapped child. The child was laying down in the back of a van that had over 400000 miles on it. The motor sounded that it was very old and needed some tuning up. It was hot inside until the lady pulled it into a shade.
This lady was going to fix up our yard to make it look better. My husband and she talked about what he wanted. I talked to the girl who might be from 12-13 years or more. I did the talking. The girl could not talk. She could not walk. She could not sit up in the van, only lay there moving her arms.
Occasionally C. would slap at some of the baby's toys that hung above her. Giraffe.Lion. Dinosaur. Butterfly. There was also a plastic bag the was near her face. Her mother said that she enjoyed hitting it because of the sound it make.
There were a couple of times that the girl made eye contact with me. She even smiled a little bit. I wish I could communicate with her more but a smile or grunt was about all I could get out of her.
There was no smell in the van like urine or body odor. She was clean. Her hair was combed. Her clothes looked a little old but okay.
This child was cared for, with love. I could not even guess how long it took her to get her ready each morning. But again I know she was loved.
The mother said that she was her first child. Wow! She has other children. What a remarkable woman. But I come back to C. Somewhere inside that slender body was a wonderful child who could not do anything but lay there. Maybe she went to school during the year, but as for now, she was with her loving mother.
At the end of our meeting, the mother and I talked. She would be back after she finished her other jobs before ours. I hoped that at the weather would be better. If not Stan and I agreed that C could lay down in our house while her mother worked. That is the least we could do.
Sweet dreams young lady. I do hope that you and your whole family have a wonderful Fourth of July.
I am wishing for you all to have a wonderful week and holiday.
There will be more added later. I'm sure.

© Copyright 2019 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961901-Ms-C-and-mother