*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962563-Turtle-mischief
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
#962563 added July 13, 2019 at 11:40pm
Restrictions: None
Turtle mischief
What can I say. I have a wonderful husband. He may just have saved my life from a terrible car accident.
It seems that we received a notice for a recall to repair something in the steering wheel. He went and left the car to be fixed. It might 4 hours. But after 2 hours he got a call stating that it was fixed. (as a repair man reported)
When he checked the receipt, he saw that it was reported that the part(s) were not available. They might not be available until mid-August. Did his blood pressure hit the roof. He told the man on the phone how angry he was. The man deserved it. The whole company deserved it. We will be careful how we used our cars.I am guessing that our 2019 will be used for simple, short trips.
We are also thankful that we are in Oklahoma instead of Texas now. Tropical storm-hurricane Barry-tropical storm is going through Louisiana. They are preparing for the worst. And they should be because other similar storms, have caused enough flooding to ruin a house and a bank account. There are other dangerous possibilities that could happen. No electricity. Flooded car. Snakes or ants. Insurance won't pay. Other illnesses. Drowning. All of these and more are fears that run through my mind.
Last year when we lived in Houston, we were blesses with the fact that our part of the subdivision did not flood. The northern part flooded so bad that the people could not live in their houses. These were the snooty-footy people. But to make fun of a p[ersojn when he was down is really not right.
The only funny thing is when Dr. While, a veterinarian's giant turtle was at a relative's house and did not like it. He decided to go home but was found on a freeway near Katy. The news media picked up the pictures and we all had a cute laugh. No one could run over this turtle because it was like a Galapagos
turtle. Most drivers would use good sense and drive around it.
Anyway we wish all of those in the path of the storm good luck, just a little rain and no power outage.

With this funny anecdote I bid you good night and sweet dreams.

© Copyright 2019 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962563-Turtle-mischief