*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962634-Life-is-precious
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
#962634 added July 14, 2019 at 11:48pm
Restrictions: None
Life is precious
Sunday night. It is the evening after Hurricane Barry made landfall. Many people are still out of power. I hope that they get it back soon. I hope that the flood waters recede quickly. I also hope that business can return to normal as soon as possible.

But getting my head on straight. Tonight, Stan and I went to W--------r for dinner. When we arrived, there was a car parked near the entrance with a boy(?), a baby in a car seat and possibly a dog in a car with the motor running.
We ate our dinner plus treat, Stan a chocolate malt and me a chocolate shake. Um those are great and I bet responsible for the weight gain. Insert sad face.
We had eaten most of our dinner when the car was still there. The young boy was fidgeting around in his back seat. He picked up a baby that could not be more than 3 months old. It was about 20-25 minutes after we had arrived.
Stan and I discussed if I should report this to the manager. Stan said, "No." I felt uneasy, which I called my retired teacher's sixth sense that something was not right. Stan offered the suggestion that someone was a little late getting off work. I was realll furious that he thought that. I still wanted to report this to the manager or police.
Finally, Stan gave in and I talked to the manager who explained that another person was late and they did not want to let the worker go until the late person had arrived. I personally should have chewed the manager out but let it go.
This is for every human being on earth. A baby should NOT, repeat NOT be in a car late in the afternoon. I do NOT care if there was air conditioner on but this made me so angry.
The worker left about 7-10 minutes later. I wanted to report this to W--------r but the worker might get fired. She probably really needed the job. But I stand by my feelings of what was right. I do hope that I do not see that again because I will not discuss my feelings, just go and protest, vent or disagreement of a situation as far as a baby is concerned.
Life to me is precious.
END of STORY

© Copyright 2019 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962634-Life-is-precious