*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962788-Who-doesnt-love-BALTO
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
#962788 added July 17, 2019 at 11:09pm
Restrictions: None
Who doesn't love BALTO?
How many times have I used the name, BALTO? Quite a few. And it seems that I will write once again about a dog who appeared in our lives in February of 2019.
That one year old dog, or I mean husky is always getting attention from everyone. Lucky dog. And Stan couldn't be prouder of that dog. Fate was on his side that February day.
Today we met a mother and her son who wanted to adopt a dog, more specifically a husky.
Stan and I were on a short walk around the pond because Stan was tired. The pair said that they saw me walking Balto a few times. They just had to take the opportunity to ask questions like: "Is he hard to handle?", "Do you like him?", "Does he shed a lot of hair?" and a few others.
The young boy was short for his age in my opinion. He did seem very intelligent. Both he and his mother had done some research. They had another dog at home. This dog was basically his older sister's dog. And the boy seemed willing to do all of the chores and responsibilities to get his dog, a husky.
The pair lived with other members of the family in the neighborhood, so we felt that they had enough money. Our continued concern was if they got a dog like Balto, then could the young boy handle him? I would hate for the boy to be disappointed.
So Balto did his magic by letting the boy pet him. He smiled at the boy. And he sat for the boy on command. Balto was simply adorable.
We also mentioned the things that he chewed up. The mother smiled but I am not sure that she would be happy to come home to find something chewed up. I know each time we come home, we cringe as we open the bedroom door. Today it was my pink note pads. And the other people in our house have been Balto-ized when it comes to food. He has eaten from every person and animals' dish. He likes everything. And has come close to eating something dangerous.
So that is the long and short of---drum roll---BALTO. He has touched our lives and we still love him.

© Copyright 2019 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962788-Who-doesnt-love-BALTO