*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963026-Ducks-and-Geese
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
#963026 added July 22, 2019 at 11:13pm
Restrictions: None
Ducks and Geese
Today we got some relief from this unbelievable heat. (Sweat-sweat!). Early this morning there was an intense thunderstorm that brought rain and some welcome cool air. We were below 90 degrees for the first time in about two weeks. We will enjoy the same low temperature pleasure for three more days. And that means that the evening walks will be earlier and nicer.
Stan, Balto and I took a walk around the pond. Balto is strong and pulled Stan. Stan ventured that Balto was in a hurry to be with Casina. She is Balto's good friend.
At the beginning of the second time around, we saw 8 beautiful, adult geese fly over the houses and beautifully glide and land on the water. What a breath taking sight! They swam around and finally went to an area with 6 other ducks. I thought that there might be a problem such as one group running the other away, but thankfully this did not happen.
A little boy that Stan estimated to be around 3 give the ducks some food. What it was, I do not know. The boy's parents showed him how to toss the food to the ducks. Then they walked away and Stan and I were by ourselves.
Stan seemed tired. He also seemed just sitting there. I do not know what he was thinking of or if he was trying to bring back any memory, but he seemed ready to go back to our house. We went to a floating gazebo but I needed help to walk to it. Recently my balance is not what it used to be. I will not take any risky chances. I am afraid of falling so Stan give me his hand for the steps and I made it to the gazebo part. This was nice but then the moving water gave me the feeling of moving. I had to tell myself that we were secured by a cable. I soon asked to go to the house.
Inside the house is when Stan relaxed and showed that he was tired. I am guessing that when Stan gets up at 4:00 he is sleepier earlier. He says that he wants me to go to bed when he does but I am not tired. The dilemma is that I must find a way to get sleep but make Stan happy. We will see what we can work out.
I think that our PM naps are something of the future.
So we are at the end of July, almost. The temperature will be very hot for a little bit longer. We have a lot of cleaning, unpacking and living to do.
I just hope that our fun and living time is a good....no great one.
Live long and prosper-y'all!

© Copyright 2019 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963026-Ducks-and-Geese