*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963287-Turn-those-frowns-around
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
#963287 added July 27, 2019 at 9:24pm
Restrictions: None
Turn those frowns around
Miss Sensitivity here.
Living by myself I had only one person to talk to in the house. Me.
I did phone other people to chat and some of those I wish I had waited for a while or the next day.
Being married I have had to learn to respect others, my husband and his family.
It seems that Stan has a way of saying things that may have plucked the 'let's be sensitive string' in my being. I feel that I had the right to assume that he wanted me to quit writing. Quote: "Some of your poems are not that good." Start the "What did he say?" Run that statement through the little computer in my head called the brain and examine my interpretation.
INTERPRETATION: YOU ARE NO GOOD. QUIT YOUR WRITING.
But after a discussion Stan repeated and interpreted that I should write from my heart. That the 8 word prompt contest is not what I do well. I should write about what I know. (I think that I have heard that before.) But then I had to explain the rules of this contest. I think he understood.
We have had other issues. We have both been hurt. The last time he even asked me if I wanted a divorce. Answer: NO. But we have this odd sensation that the problems occur about the same time of the month. Honestly I had menopause years ago. I do from time to time feel hormones in my body. But I still do not want a divorce.
Stan is a good man. A great human being. A super person whose dream of being in his home state, in a beautiful house and doing anything he wants should be occurring.
But then little old me had no great dreams but just thinking about making it through each day, with 3 square meals and my animal menagerie. I wanted to be a well known writer, of sorts. And an interpreter for the deaf that no one could do interpretations better.
My life changed for the better when I said, "I do." However I was too thick headed to realize it.
So here's to my new life. My new home. My new partner/husband. And my new friends when I make them.
Oh. BTW, my new family are pretty swell too. I hope we all can be cordial and supportive of each other. Life is better with smiles instead of frowns.

© Copyright 2019 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963287-Turn-those-frowns-around