*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965279-Fleas-arent-my-only-problem
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
#965279 added August 30, 2019 at 11:13pm
Restrictions: None
Fleas aren't my only problem.
Last night was Stan and my Dr. Martin night on TV in the room with Shadow. I could tell that something was wrong. She continuously licked herself all over.
Skin allergy? Dust on the fur? NO! FLEAS!!!! Please not that.
I asked Stan where the flea comb was and got it immediately. One comb through and I saw what I though was hundreds of fleas. I panicked immediately told Stan that we would need to comb as many fleas off and then call the vet's clinic in the morning.
Stan came back to the room with a cup that had. Dawn liquid in it diluted by water. He was going to use the same method he used on the possums and their babies when they were covered by fleas. We got many of those blood sucking critters off Shadow and then went to bed.
During the night was a loud and crazy thunderstorm. I was anticipating that I might have some trouble getting some flea medication. However the showers slacked off and I first called. Then walked Balto. Finally was off to get the medicine. It was recommended by one of the vets. Stan and I set about to put the medicine on all of the cats. Success!
I don't care how many of those bugs die. Death is better than for any of the cats being a blood donor. By this afternoon it looked that the plan worked. Tonight I found only found 1 flea on Shadow. We will do monthly flea treatments. Stan has even found the same medicine on Amazon dot com at a better place.
BTW we started washing towels, bedding, and anything that might harbor those nasty beasties. If they can't swim or hold their breath....too bad!
So here I am thankful for the medicine and the husband who helped get Shadow back to what could be called normalacy.
But there was a small (?) cost. My panic may have put Stan into a little depression. He is continuing to keep silent on things that bother him. Please share Stan! If you want me to share, I think that you should too. We can get ;problems solved better if we both work on them.
I have apologized for my panic a few times. But I will grovel only so much.
If we are going to live as husband and wife, we need to show respect and love with the communication we can do.
What else can I say?

© Copyright 2019 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965279-Fleas-arent-my-only-problem