*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965978-My-history
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
#965978 added September 10, 2019 at 10:53pm
Restrictions: None
My history
History, a subject in school that most kids in school say, "Yuk! Why do I need to study that?"
I'll tell you why.
We ae living in history right now. Fighting. Forest fires. Hurricanes like Dorian. and political shenanigans you would not believe.
But the most important history is about you and your family.
Today I used my little laptop to start finding out where my mother was as a WW II nurse to get a Presidential Citation for going 2 days without a break to help people in an Oklahoma town after a horrible tornado destroyed/levelled a town. Stan found the tornado in Antlers, Ok in 1945. We had previously thought that the tornado was in Pryer, OK.
In Pryer, his mother and her siblings went to school. Just think that back in history, our mother and his family might have met. But Antler, Ok, changed all of that.
Then after a phone call, Fred said that he remembered the name, Camp Maxey. That was in Paris, Texas.
Mother also took care of prisoners of war. I believe that this happened much later.
So we lived in history, in a period that was interesting.
Key words:
Prisoner of war
Ammunitions plant
River
Pryer or Antler, OK
Grandfather lost farm due to eminent domain
Electric dam

I am excited. I do hope that something more will come out of this.
But must go.
Nighty night!

© Copyright 2019 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965978-My-history