*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986417-MUD-and-Deer
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#986417 added June 24, 2020 at 10:19am
Restrictions: None
M.U.D. and Deer
Tuesday was a good day. High summer days here, long and warm sunny Montana July days. We had a meeting of a non-profit group. The name of the group is M.U.D. I know, MUD. How do you get excited when you tell people that? I am now the chairman of Mud.Our name is MUD. Last year the old chairman stepped down, and no one in the group wanted to take over. Rather than let the group die, I volunteered to take over.

So this morning at 4:30 I lie awake thinking of this group. How I am going to publicize it, get some new life into it. It's the old 'we've always done it this way' mentality group. But I'm never the do it the old way. I always am shaking things up and doing something in a new way. Drives my hubby crazy.
But some of the ideas I threw out to them seemed they seemed to like. I'll proceed with those, slowly we change, folks.

Then later in the evening there was a Chamber of Commerce meeting. I go to listen, not change anything. I listen as a SE Montana tourism member. Now these folks are really 'we've always done it this way' kind of people. Nothing gets done it seems, unless it has been done in the past. Nothing new, nothing exciting. So annoying, really. But the bright spot was meeting a couple walking on the street after the meeting. They are camping at the free campground down by the fairgrounds as their house gets ready to move into, and another Chamber member and I directed them to a source of ice cream. So we had a nice chat, they're from Washington state, moving to a nicer, quieter area with a lower cost of living, have a dog named 'Lola' and we talked up our town, just like the Chamber of Commerce we just left should be doing constantly.

Low point of the day - I lost a pair of reading glasses somewhere. Now I am down to one pair. I spend the day now it seems walking around trying to find the glasses. Here, there, back and forth. I love not having to wear them all the time, but having to hunt them down is annoying. I know, get a chain and wear them around your neck. But then I remind myself of my mother. I say no more.

I puttered around outside yesterday between meetings, using the weedeater, checking the garden. I also checked my flower bed out by the street. WE have some hollyhocks and some wild flowers there. And the lowlife deer have been nibbling at the salad bar. Arrrggghh. I had some sweet little carnations blooming, snip, snip. They're gone. There are roaming gangs of the ungulates in town. They come through at night and ravage gardens and flower beds. *Devil* We have 8 ft around the vegetable garden. Maybe this year I'll fence some of the flowers as well.

But today is another day. We do meals on wheels today. Then I go to church for study then volunteer at the thrift store. *Pants* *ShirtR* *Flipflops7* Just another day in Paradise!





Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986417-MUD-and-Deer