*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986816-Rainy-Days
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#986816 added June 30, 2020 at 12:24am
Restrictions: None
Rainy Days
You would think we live on the coast, near Seattle or somewhere. We have received over 3 inches of rain in the past two days. I know, what is up? This is the beginning of the dry season for this part of Montana. We never usually get this much rain at this time of year. And it is just a few days away from the 4th. Curious.

The best parts of all this is that the construction on Main Street is halted. The firework have ceased for a few nights. The garden is getting water for free. No worries about being too hot to sleep at night since we don't have air conditioning in our home.

What else is going on? Well, I am sending out some fliers for a retreat in September. Getting that done for a committee. The community theater play got the go-ahead to start rehearsals so I sent my 'please include me' email to the head of the community theater group. The reading group met last night and we discussed books we read by Stephen King. Nice discussions by all. We all agreed he has a warped imagination at times but he is a good writer. I have a little book of his, "On Writing", that is an excellent little discussion of the craft of writing from his perspective. I refer to it from time to time.

Well, I must be off to bed. I find myself not sleeping well as of late. The long days play havoc with my sleep cycle, that and the daylight saving time mean I find myself staying up way too late and getting up way too early. I wander the day half in a fog. Then when I go to meetings at church and such if there is any time it is still, and the room is dim, I fade away. Ahh, getting old is no fun.

To read for a time now and then to bed, per chance to sleep.



Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986816-Rainy-Days