*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993652-On-Music-and-Truth
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#993652 added September 18, 2020 at 9:58am
Restrictions: None
On Music and Truth
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: (from yesterday since I didn’t write yesterday and didn’t see today’s prompt) : The ACM Awards were on last night. What are your views on country music?

---

I do like country music, but recently I have the TV shut out totally since I don’t want to hear any fake election ads from either side. I don’t necessarily watch TV in the first place. Thus, I didn’t see that show or any other show.

Although my real interest has to do with the Classical music of the earlier centuries, I am partial to any kind of music. As to country music, when it is the folk music or the cowboy music with the addition of a string instrument, I like it just fine when I hear it, but I wouldn’t necessarily put on a country music album or turn to a country music station and listen. I also don’t like it when the lyrics are about nothing but complaints that drone on and on..

Talking about singing the complaints, I think Kenny Rogers sang them the best and with a humorous, satirical dip. I’ll listen to any complaints from him, such as “You found a fine time to leave me, Lucille.”

I guess my age shows in my likes and dislikes, also. Thinking about this, I suddenly remembered Glen Campbell with his, “Rhinestone Cowboy” and other perfect songs.

See, I have my favorite country singer picks, too, however dated they may be.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From "The Tenor at the Opera
“Only truth can be sung.”

Thanks *Heart* Princess Morticia Megan Rose !

----

There are the facts and there’s the truth. The facts can change but the actual truth does not.

Then, there is that thing about the arts. The reason we admire them is because they have a way of touching the truth. The artists in any area may not be aware that they are reaching for that truth themselves, but the nature of the arts requires such an undertaking. Otherwise, what they are attempting as artists has nothing to do with the truth, and what they are putting forth can be considered as trash and not the truth we all seek.

That truth is the truth of our feelings, the truth. of why we do doings even if we are not aware of our hidden intentions, or the truth that is too difficult to face or too profound to handle, which becomes deeply immersed in our illusions and dreams.

The item in the prompt refers to that truth, which only true artists can handle.



© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993652-On-Music-and-Truth