*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1046359
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #582527
Information and discussion related to the world of SHAMROCK, both present and past.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 31, 2005 at 1:56pm
From the One to the Many (pt. 2)
Pangaia was formed 6 billion years ago by the One (the good guy), whereas the Earth was formed 4.6 billion by Lord Diadiehm (the bad guy) -- as you may be aware, early Earth was not a fun place to be: it had huge volcanoes, little to no atmosphere, etc. What you don't know is that there were massive Demons running/flying/swimming around back then too. In any case, about 4 billion years ago, Earth and Pangaia crashed in a giant cataclysm (sp?) known as the Great Disaster -- forming the Earth and the Moon as we know them today. The exact dates may change as I re-examine some scientific data on the formation of the Earth and the Moon later.

In those two billion years, the first billion years was characterized by life evolving on Pangaia; the second, the rule of the Chosen Races (later called the Old Races to differeniate from humans today).

By the time the massive meteroid/planetoid or whatever smashed into the Earth/Pangaia -- by the time of the Great Disaster, that is -- there were 11 Chosen Races. This was not always so.

In fact, it was only until ... well, probably wasn't even a 1000 years before the Great Disaster that the fabled 11th Race emerged. See, for a long time before then, there had been only 10 Races, with an ancient prophecy existing that said that many signs would fortell the coming of the Great Disaster (their version of the Apocalypse), including the emergence of an 11th Race!

In any case, when I was younger, I imagined many events that happened in Shamrock's members' lives before and during the Great Disaster without much thought to how things got that way in the first place. As I got older, and learned about slavery and such things, I created the basics of Res-naken (then called Resna-ken because of my penchant for oriental cultures) culture, which included slavery. It wasn't until fairly recently, in the last year or so, that I've decided that they weren't always that way.

And it wasn't until this morning that I came up with an idea that explains a lot, including an even EARLIER origin of the Res-naken (they're the snake people) people. See, religious tales say that the One split into the 10 Chosen Races fully formed as they are today, an allegory that basically means that the 10 Races are equal and should be treated with basic, equal rights.

The reality is much different. Sure, there was some divine intervention, but evolution played a big part, too.

Today I came up with the idea that the central plains of Pangaia (a huge continent) were once covered by massive redwoods. And when I say massive, I mean massive...they towered over giants that would tower over most Giants you're familiar with. These trees got their nutrition from a vast nutritient pool located underneath the area that is now known as the central plains, but they also got vital nutrients from a race of giant golden-powdery people -- giants who were constantly flaking off golden powder like we flake off dead skin cells. This golden powder gave something to the massive redwoods that they needed to live.

When the golden-powdery people (haven't named them yet) split into two races (the ancestors of the plant people Phrophet and the ancestors of the people made out of light energy Ion), this left the massive redwoods with a greatly depleted source for the golden powder and they began to die. Giant insects that relied on these trees emigrated and evolved to other habitats, as did the ancestors of the Resnaken, Kaiylah, and Wolfbaine peoples (let's call them Resna for now) as well as the ancestors of the Elfkin people. This explains why Resnaken, Kaiylah, and Wolfbaine are all carnivores (Resna lived in the trees and ate bugs) and why Elfkin (who lived on the forest floor or the bottom portion of trees) have always felt they were a "forest people." It also explains why water in Pangaia is golden (other than the fact that I made it up to be that way because I liked the idea of it when I was younger, lol) whereas the ocean isn't.

Resna were winged serpents -- I've always been intrigued by this idea in Earth mythology and now I finally have a chance to make my own contribution to the ancient winged serpent trend, hehe. The massive redwoods eventually turned into crystals and were shattered, carried on divine winds to scatter harmlessly across Pangaia and into the ocean -- some of the bigger crystals became homes of the Meroid people, as they lived in a crystalline city at the bottom of the ocean.

This idea of a prehistoric massive redwood forest in what's now plains explains why the giant Phrophet have their "phrophetic" (prophetic) gifts and are plant people -- namely that the giant golden-powdery people had them as well and were deeply connected to trees -- and why the Ion (who eventually became smaller in size, by the way) have psychic gifts.

I need to explain a bit more about the Ion: the Elfkin culture that eventually interacted with them about 3 million years B.G.D. (before the Great Disaster) studied their psychic gifts and termed it the art of Venakle (named after some important person, don't worry about it), noting that it was deeply connected to the energy crystals (glowing crystals that recharge themselves through lightning). I did this when I was younger because I wanted there to be a clean energy source (namely the energy crystals) and figured that something natural like these crystals would be a good metaphor in Elfkin culture for the natural gifts of the Ion people. If this is confusing, don't worry about it, simply know that there's a connection between energy crystals and the art of Venakle (manipulation of light/light energy/telepathy/telekinesis/etc).

That vague idea of there being a connection between the glowing crystals and the glowing Ion was all there was for years, until today. Today I came up with the prehistoric massive redwood forest which shattered into the energy crystals. The Ion, you see, have retain their connection to the trees and the same energy that radiated off of the golden-powdery people is the same energy that the Ion manipulate -- in a way, it can be thought of as Life itself (since the energy crystals are an important energy source even in ancient cultures), which would certainly explain why they can manipulate people's memories, move objects with their minds, and read people's thoughts.

I also like the fact that some people believe Atlantean culture had something like energy crystals as a concept in it -- in my world of SHAMROCK, this would easily be explained by the fact that Atlantean culture is actually derived from the floating island of NeoAtlantis (it crashed into the sea, causing a great flood, and eventually sunk to the bottom of the ocean -- but before then, survivors used mica [magic] to become humans and migrated to places such as Crete [where the legend of Atlantis is thought to be based off of, by some] and the Italian peninsula, becoming the Etruscean people later on). As a side note, Etrusceans didn't speak an Indo-European language, indicating that they were there BEFORE the people who made the Roman Empire. Hmm. :)

{img src="http://imgs5.writing.com/main/images.php?action=display&item_id=829430"}
 Introduction to the World of SHAMROCK  (13+)
Kat knew she was different, but a God-incarnate of ancient non-humans? That's new.
#533713 by Starleafgirl
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
From the One to the Many (pt. 2) · 03-31-05 1:56pm
by Starleafgirl

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Starleafgirl.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1046359