*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1384571
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #980111
A sanctuary for weary writers, inky wretches, and aspiring professional novelists.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 11, 2006 at 8:13pm
Edited: October 11, 2006 at 8:14pm
Hello all!
I'm AngelCelestine, and I believe I'm still considered a newbie here at WDC. ::can't remember when she joined... is a dork::

I'm working on a couple of novels, independent of each other (well, one novel, and then one novel that is going to be the first in a series of novels, dang it), and I have two major issues.

1) I seem to have some difficulty getting from beginning to end, from point A to point B to C and on down the line. I think I have helped myself on this a bit by actually writing out plot outlines (or seven pages front and back of handwritten summarization...), but every so often I still come across a point where I say to myself: "Okay, you've gotten them this far, now how to you move them along to the next part?"

2) I am afraid of writing. O.o Insane, I know, but I seem to have this fear of failure that keeps me from even trying. It's been so constantly and brutally pounded into all our idealist heads that writing isn't worth it, that very few writers ever really become successful, it seems like it's not even worth it to try.

Perhaps, it seems, issues one and two are linked. Anyone have any thoughts?

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Hello all! · 10-11-06 8:13pm
by celestineangel
Re: Hello all! · 10-11-06 8:49pm
by Feywriter
Re: Re: Hello all! · 10-11-06 8:54pm
by celestineangel
Re: Re: Hello all! · 10-11-06 9:50pm
by SL Krieg
Re: Re: Hello all! · 10-12-06 7:53pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Hello all! · 10-11-06 9:48pm
by SL Krieg
Re: Hello all! · 10-12-06 9:42am
by Liam Jackson
Re: Re: Hello all! · 10-12-06 10:57am
by Al
Re: Re: Re: Hello all! · 10-12-06 7:09pm
by celestineangel
Re: Re: Hello all! · 10-12-06 7:05pm
by celestineangel

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Liam Jackson.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1384571