*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1568937
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #1282022
Forum for all horror movie fans.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 23, 2007 at 8:37am
Re: Re: Re: what movie really scared you?
Glad to hear that I wasn't the only one to laugh my ass off at what's been called "The Scariest Movie - Ever" - that was when I was still a teenager before the thing got banned (for what I still don't know). Then when the repackaged the film & digitised it for posterity, I watched it again - and realised (instantly) why I NEVER go back to it - I just wonder how many time they had to wake up the technicians working on the project. I think that The Exorcist should be redubbed "The Most Boring Film Ever" - with a big sticker stating INSOMNIACS only.

Big Mike, I also agree with you that the book is truly terrifying - as is the follow up "Legion" I recommend both to avid horror fans out there. And you are also quite right to say that Exorcist III is the most chilling of the bunch and is a good adaptation of the book.

Nice to see "Prince of Darkness", "In The Mouth of Madness" & "Halloween" in your list, I am a true John Carpenter fan, but where is "The Thing" - the dark and brooding black and white original creeped me out but Carpenters re-make freaked the crap outta me. Especially when they burn one corpse and the head falls off and then sprouts spider-legs and runs across the floor. Very Nasty indeed.

Another film with Sam Neill in that you may be interested in is "Event Horizon" - with Laurence Fishburne - A crew of a rescue ship go to help another vessel that was lost in a black hole - only something has returned (as it always does - boring movie otherwise *Smile* ).

And one small budget late eighties film that had a spooky and very creepy feel to it that you may enjoy is "Hardback" - Where a young woman is reading a book about a psycho doctor that likes to cut womens faces up so he can stitch them together and wear them on his - only trouble is he comes out of the book. If anybody else has seen this one please let me know as I haven't come across a soul that remembers it - which is a shame.

Stay Scared.

PENNYWISE

Come join me - We all float down here.

Pennywise.
MESSAGE THREAD
what movie really scared you? · 07-06-07 10:00am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: what movie really scared you? · 07-10-07 3:18pm
by Pennywise
Re: Re: what movie really scared you? · 07-11-07 1:12pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: what movie really scared you? · 07-18-07 4:21pm
by Pennywise
Re: Re: Re: Re: what movie really scared you? · 07-18-07 4:34pm
by M. R. K
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what movie really scared you? · 07-19-07 5:12pm
by Pennywise
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what movie really scared you? · 07-19-07 6:16pm
by M. R. K
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what movie really scared you? · 07-21-07 1:49am
by AliceNgoreland
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what movie really scared you? · 07-21-07 1:44am
by AliceNgoreland
Re: Re: what movie really scared you? · 08-12-07 7:08pm
by Big Mike 2humble2bragbut...
Re: Re: Re: what movie really scared you? · 08-20-07 11:22pm
by M. R. K
*Star* Re: Re: Re: what movie really scared you? · 08-23-07 8:37am
by Pennywise
Re: Re: Re: Re: what movie really scared you? · 08-23-07 8:46am
by Pennywise

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Pennywise.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1568937