Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1579886
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #1282022
Forum for all horror movie fans.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 10, 2007 at 6:11pm
I know these aren't movies
by A Non-Existent User
I know this is for movies, but I thought it better to place game recommendations here rather than in the book forum

Again, not much scares me, but when my husband and I bought this game, we turned off all the lights, turned the volume up, and anticipated the fun of being frightened. Little did we know just how terrifying this game would be. Within about ten minutes of game play, the lights were back on, we were huddled close together like scared kids jumping at every sound and getting anxious at every turn. The ambiance is perfect throughout gameplay.

I'm talking about the game Fatal Frame. The entire series is great, but the first one is by far the scariest. You're in a mansion looking for your lost brother. The sounds work to highten your sense of anxiety. Your only weapon is a camera. You are taking pictures of the many ghosts attacking you throughout the game in order to exercise their spirits while solving the mystery of the mansion and the bound spirits.

I don't know if you can get it on X box, but you can find it on PS2. You may need to look on Ebay because it's rare to find it in stores unless someone has brought it in used. In that case, they go fast. It took us months before we could find it to buy it. We were not dissapointed.

If you have played this or get the chance to play, let me know what you think.

~Vermillion Angel~

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

"I recognize terror as the finest emotion...."--Stephen King

"I'm your fear. I'm your monster. What's hiding in your shadow? Is it taking what's left of you?"--Quote by one of my favorite bands. Can't say the name because it isn't E friendly, but Gravity is the first word.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
I know these aren't movies · 09-10-07 6:11pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Pennywise.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1579886