SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1611602
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #1282022
Forum for all horror movie fans.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 30, 2007 at 8:47pm
Ghost Rider
Not exactly a Horror film, though it does have large amounts of paranormal and supernatural qualities - as well as all out action.

I was a BIG fan of the Marvel comic book - and who couldn't be? A skeleton with a skull encased by fire, riding a modded out bike, top look like a skeletal horse - that is well wicked.

The film starts with young Johnny Blaze selling his soul to the Devil (Peter Fonda - the Easy Rider himself) so his Father will be cured and he can live happily ever after with his one true love. Now the Devil being the daemon he is keeps his word and then makes a stunt go wrong for JB's daredevil dad. So filled with guilt and remorse he stays with the carny and lets his love leave.

Luckily for him he grows up into Nicholas Cage who's taken Evel Knieval 's stunts to the next level by riding a NOS powered bike (silly bugger). Unbeknown to him a few hundred years before, the last Ghost Rider shunned the Devil by not handing over a contract containing thousands of souls. This contract is said to be the most powerful document - giving the owner unknown power. So the Devil's son Blackheart (original name, huh! - thought he was a pirate - I was expecting Johnny Depp *Smile* ) with the aid of his cohorts sets out to find the contract.

Of course this doesn't sit too well with good old Lucifer who calls out the Ghost Rider in JB and the fun and games commence.

There are some good special effects, I especially like the way Blackheart dispatches the humans that cross him. But for me the moment that the old Ghost Rider on his stead, rides accross the plains with the new, is cheesy, but non the less awesome - for the fact that the soundtrack to that scene is "Ghost Riders in the Sky". I dare you not to nod your head along with it.

For some good old kick ass fun - give it a go.

9/10.

Come join me - We ALL float down here.

Pennywise.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Ghost Rider · 10-30-07 8:47pm
by Pennywise

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Pennywise.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1611602